The new Hornady Security RAPiD Safe Shotgun Wall Lock is made of sturdy 14-gauge steel and is designed to accommodate most home defense shotguns. These safes provide quick, safe and secure access when needed the most.
Like all Hornady Security RAPiD Safes, the RAPiD Safe Shotgun Wall Lock uses patented RFID technology. Swiping an RFID-equipped wristband, key fob or decal over the safe’s sensor instantly opens its spring-assisted lid. If an RFID tag is not within easy reach, the safe also opens with its digital keypad or backup key. Programming a custom four to six-digit code lets users pick an easy-to-remember combination.
The shotgun wall lock uses heavy-duty 14-gauge steel construction and two internal hardened locking lugs—engineered to withstand a barrage of attacks, including prying, dropping, picking, sawing and targeted hinge attacks. The safe exceeds ASTM international safety standards for security and is certified child-resistant, making them an ideal choice for protecting a home defense shotgun from unauthorized users.
Pre-drilled mounting holes allow easy installation either horizontally or vertically, opening an array of possible in-home mounting spots. The safe’s slim profile fits behind doors, in closets, or inside cabinets. The shotgun wall lock conveniently holds most 12-gauge and 20-gauge side-eject shotguns; the open ejection port rests on a lug inside the safe while the barrel sits within an external muzzle ring, preventing tampering or prying the shotgun. Egg carton foam padding protects the shotgun’s receiver from scratches inside the safe.
RAPiD Safe Shotgun Wall Lock Features:
- Exceeds ASTM International safety standards
- Fast and dependable touch-free entry
- Convenient keypad access
- Vertical or horizontal mounting options
- Heavy-duty, tamper-proof construction
- AC power with battery backup
- Includes: AC power supply, RFID wristband, two RFID stickers, RFID key fob, two circular barrel keys, muzzle ring
RAPiD Safe Shotgun Wall Lock Specifications:
- Type: Fits most shotguns
- Material: 14-gauge steel with 2 internal hardened locking lugs.
- Lock: RFID, keypad or circular key
- Exterior Dimensions: 8.5″ x 9.2″ x 2.7″
—Hornady Press Release